Windows Vista Ultimate.

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by Raven, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

Well that’s just Bull.
    PS2 replaced PS1 so it could handle better games PS3 replaced PS2 because they wanted to upgrade on game play and graphics’.

Xbox was replaced by the Xbox 360 because they wanted better game play and online live connection
    The nintendo cube replaced the Nintendo 64 the Nintendo Wii replaced the Nintendo Cube for far more superior game play and better gaming experience.

Hmmmmm All upgrades and replacements all very expensive. Hmmmmmm I think that’s the same as PC upgrade's is it not.

Welcome to technology everything goes forwards with upgrades or complete replacements.

VHS replaced BetaMax though BetaMax was better. DVD replaced VHS HD,DVD is replacing DVD Blue-ray is replacing DVD and competing with HD or it will do when the time comes.

CD's replaced LPs and tapes.

Personal MP3 players have replaced personal minidisc players.

2. adamant

adamant Contributor Contributor

Can I replace you?

Compare the prices on some of those things. How much is the cost of a good processor? And if you get a new CPU, it means you're more-than-likely going to have to get another motherboard. Eventually this leads to needing a better power supply and RAM. Not to mention you'd have to have some kind of protection, and while there are some free ones available, most people have bought them. Then you upgrade the operating system and hard drives.

Also, I would think a lot of people that game on PC play on consoles. Keeping games in one area would save on costs; seeing as how PC's can actually do other stuff, it would only make sense to have documents, etc in that domain.

In addition, in terms of space, you can actually play multi-player without needing another device. Which saves money as well.

"Welcome to technology everything goes forwards with upgrades or complete replacements."

No *Expletive Deleted*. My point wasn't that you would never upgrade. I was saying that you could spend less in that area by playing console games, which can be equally as fun.

...And how often can you by a used PC that would still be considered top of the line, yet allowing a price break?

3. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

And how much for a PS3 and how much for an Xbox 360.

How much for blu-ray recorders and HD recorders and Yadda yadda yadda.

And no you cannot replace me. I need no upgrades other than my energiser batteries changing once a month

4. Frost

Frost Active Member

I lol'd at this argument.
    For the sake of having two PC's, you can play a people accross the world.
    Seems a fair sacrifice eh?

5. adamant

You're not even addressing what I'm saying. None of that has anything to do with what I'm trying to get across. It's quite obvious you'll have to replace some things eventually -- I know this, and I'm not denying it.

Frost... I was referring to one household. You can do that with the consoles as well. Besides, what the added enjoyment of playing with some kid in Japan anyway?

And what the hell does a Blu Ray player have to do with anything? or any of that stuff you listed. I AM NOT DENYING THAT YOU HAVE TO UPGRADE.

6. Frost

Frost Active Member

Ah I see. The added enjoyment? It's the novelty value! Of being able to link up to players across the world and frag or be fragged until thy heart content!

7. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

@adamant So your saying that the expensive PS3 is cheaper than the new grapthics cards. Hmmmmm really.

8. adamant

Are you serious? Can someone please take away his talk time?

Regarding Frost, yeah... but it's not that much better than just fragging people cross-country. Also, as previously mentioned, anything that can connect to that magic box can do it as well. Oh, oh, it's magic...

Im gunna iPhone against ppl n Afghan-a-ma-stan FTW!11! My country is haXXor sk!llz!!!111eleven!

and btw... 300! woo! winner is me!

9. Raven

Raven Banned

I was hoping for Advice Guys Not a Debate on whats better.

10. RustyHicks

RustyHicks New Member

My XP PC broke down last week, the second time I've had the hardrive go on me. So I bought a new laptop with Vista on it, the features are a little new, very sharp, very nice and clean cut, once you get use to the new look. Only thing is, you'll have to buy Word2007, I found out my old word2000 wouldn't work. If you have word 2003, it might be allright, best to ask before you buy. I'm not disappointed.

11. mccurry

mccurry New Member

Dont go with VISTA! I am in IT myself, and I am a bit of a technical writer, the only reason to keep vista, or windows at all would be because you need the media center on a tv, if you dont... and most people do not. Then go with Ubuntu, it is free (hell I will mail you a copy if you need) and it is ready to go NO VIRUS's, No Spyware, comes with Openoffice installed, you can publish straight to PDF, it is just WAAAAY better than ANY microsoft product. So much so Dell is putting it on there computers, Michael Dell himself runs it! If you need anything please feel free to email me.

Also check out my new post in novels, I need input.

Thanks
    Mccurry