Worst/Least Logical Story Idea you ever had?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by theweatherman, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Leah

Leah Member

Liza - I could actually totally see that as a kid's or young adult book. Seriously. You could do SO much with that thought, imo.

2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Thought the same thing when I read it.

3. Raki

Raki New Member

There's been a lot of my ideas that I've lost enthusiasm or interest for over the years, but there's only one that I would admit to being a little silly (and I can still see how it could totally be strung together into a good story, though it'd probably need to be somewhat similar to The Shroud of the Thwacker by Chris Elliott as far as tone and pacing are concerned). I was only eight or nine years old when I started writing the idea, and I haven't really glanced at it since. I do remember it in almost perfect clarity though. It was a combination of The Terminator meets Star Wars with a little Indiana Jones, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and John Wayne thrown into the mix. It really didn't make much sense, just a combination of all my favorite movies at the time, and it broke pretty much every law in physics at one point or another. But it was one of my starting points and I don't know, maybe one day I'll return to it and finish my boyhood tale.:)

4. Leah

Leah Member

I love silliness -- and would LOVE to see you fit Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles into your story! Awesome!! :)

5. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

Your not the only one, one day i came up with Robot monkeys saving the earth from Godzilla. XD it was a scrapped idea, but a funny one.

6. Tesoro

Tesoro Contributor Contributor

I feel that way about my first draft of the current WIP, lol. it feels like ages has passed by since i wrote it and now i don't even want to admit I wrote something like it, haha.