1. themikado20

themikado20 New Member

Would like to add more to the story. Do tell me what you think!

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by themikado20, Feb 20, 2008.

Do tell me what you think; for this idea is only several days old, to be honest (somewhere along the lines of three to five days, give or take). Tell me what you think thus far. I have some additions, of course, but this is a little bit of the beginning...

After his spectacular failure of a film making only 1% of its budget in revenue, Swiss film director Lorenz Boutonnat travels to London to become a teacher of German in the Sixth Form. Once there, he re-unites with Alexander Tudor, from whose parents' Lorenz used to rent a flat his first time in Great Britain. Determined to have Alex win a city-wide, video-making contest, Lorenz encounters objections from Olga Braginskaya, the previous winner and Alex's fellow classmate from German. Lorenz then advises Alex to lightly flirt with Olga. Ironically, Alex and Olga go from mutual abhorrence to falling in love with each other…

2. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Hmm. Interesting. Sounds like a dime store sports movie mixed with The Producers... I love it! I'm assumign this is intended to be some kind of romantic comedy, which if it is it sounds like it could be very hilarious.

3. themikado20

themikado20 New Member

Cheers for that! It is, in fact, a comedy of the romantic persuasion, though I never thought of The Producers comparison. Here is something I came up with today for it, tell me if you think this fits the genre...

-after school, Terri Guzman (very loud and opinionated student) is sitting on the school steps with Alex-
    Headmistress Dalgish (coming out of building): What are you doing?
    Terri: I'm considering these boots. Do you like them?
    Headmistress: They are very slutty; I would not buy them. And in your place, I would concentrate on my school work, and shop for boots after that.
    [leaves]
    Terri (to the confused Alex): Meaning, good boots; I should take them.