1. an-untamefox

an-untamefox New Member

Would you like to play in the sandbox?

Discussion in 'Setting Development' started by an-untamefox, Dec 30, 2012.

My latest writing project involves creating a supernatural/paranormal universe and a small multitude of characters to populate it. I've already opened it up to some friends of mine to craft characters and created a wiki for the 'verse that I am slowly building up as I prepare to write. I intend to self publish the novel to kindle and open the world up to the public as a sandbox for other authors to build side stories and alternate plot lines each with the potential to become 'canon' as I want to take other author's works set in this universe anyone can add to or write in and publish them separately in their own treasury of short stories as a companion to the main story line.

My question is, are you interested in playing in the sandbox?

2. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Do you mean like an RPG?

3. an-untamefox

an-untamefox New Member

Not exactly. More like one big, elaborate group project. There wouldn't be any turned base writing or anything like that. Just many writers operating in the same universe, writing stories which may nor may not intertwine.

4. TheDoctor97

TheDoctor97 New Member

I would have to know more about the world itself to know if I would be interested in doing it. However, it sounds like a really cool concept. If you have a place where I could see more about it, then I would be more than willing to check it out! :)

5. an-untamefox

an-untamefox New Member

There really isn't that much available yet... when I have more, I will message anyone who has interest :)

6. Member 36723

Member 36723 Guest

The sandbox is pretty much a setting for a possible game.

I want everything like all world of darkness titles, scion and ravenloft-esque dimensions mashed together.

7. Oswiecenie

Oswiecenie Active Member

So what's your universe like? You made me curious, but if it's just another of these run-of-the-mill fantasy universes with trolls, orcs, vampires and what not, then I have zero interest, sorry.

8. an-untamefox

an-untamefox New Member

Right now it's more of a supernatural/paranormal universe with a heavily voodoo/root work/conjure feel. The main character of the main story arc is a girl named Eleanor who in the first novel falls into the underground world of the supernatural that her family has been combating in the new world since colonization began. There's room for monsters, spirits, demi gods, conjurers, witches, and those who hunt and kill all those things.

So now. Not run of the mill fantasy, exactly. There are no trolls or goblins or elves to be found. There are vampires, but they only exist in the same realm as any other monster. The main baddies of the series are witches (think old world, creepy witchery not bibbity bobbity boo) in the early story line.

9. Oswiecenie

Oswiecenie Active Member

That ain't too bad. Interested.

10. an-untamefox

an-untamefox New Member

Awesome :) If you like, I'll also send information your way as I get more of it into writing.

11. Oswiecenie

Oswiecenie Active Member

Yep, won't hurt.

12. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

From the site rules: