1. wardell

wardell Member

writing exercise

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by wardell, Mar 22, 2015.

as a exercise to over come my writer's block I tryed to come up with my own version of the movie Jeepers Creepers. for those of you who don't know the movie is about a bat like creature who for every 23rd spring for 23 day it gets to feed. but I can not come up with why the 23rd spring and 23 days. I can not come up with any thing I fear I'm losing my imagination

2. VirtuallyRealistic

VirtuallyRealistic Active Member

I'm sure you're not losing your imagination. You're just in an imaginatory (I made that up) slump. Maybe take a few days break then come back to it. The more you worry about your writer's block the stronger the block will get. Just give yourself some time to relax, and it will all come back to you.

3. Chinspinner

Chinspinner Contributor Contributor

I agree, maybe this particular plot is just imaginegatory and isn't helping with your imaginatory slump. You might need a plot with greater compellinatristicism to kick start your imagination.

jannert likes this.
  4. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Compellinatristicism. Now there's a word I won't forget. I won't use it either, but I won't forget it! :) I do love this forum!

5. tonguetied

tonguetied Contributor Contributor

Jupiter orbits the sun nearly twice in 23 years. Can't much more compellinatristicism than Jupiter.

6. Skaruts

Skaruts Member

The sesquipedalianatorionenticist in me is saying that word should be in the dictionary. :)

7. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Have you heard? You don't have to endure that horrible sesquipedalianatorionenticist in you. Surgeons have developed an effective sesquipedalianatorionenticistectomy procedure! Will wonders never cease? :D