Writing under the influence

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by Hubardo, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

Ah, then no you wouldn't have done that. Maybe if you had said you liked it while sober, and then there might have been pitch folks a proddin' the air. :D

2. Chiv

Chiv Active Member

I don't drink, so I guess I'm about as far away from the stereotype as you can get.

3. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

I read the first one. We're all allowed the benefit of curiosity. You're only weird if you read all three. ;)

Belle Marion and Lemex like this.
  4. Mocheo Timo

Mocheo Timo Senior Member

My friend once showed me a very beautiful poem and told me she'd written it while she was drunk. I really have no clue how that was possible, but I agree with the others who said drinking does not really improve your creative process. I can't really tell for sure, because I don't drink.

I did however, create an entire story while drifting in the flow of my heavy metal music. The story sounded super amazing to me in the beginning, but after I had finished it I encountered lots of plot holes and had to change most of it. Anyway, I think I would have been stuck to the introduction were it not for the music.