X-men The New Generation

Discussion in 'Archive' started by S-wo, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

The visions flooded into Tim's head, the pain was excruciating, he grabbed his head in response to the pain and the shadows that surrounded him were distorting out of control. Any mortal or mutant could see these shadows, it was too much, the pain was unbearable, and then something snapped, he lost balance, and he wondered to himself,
    "were the shadows trying to tell me something last night?
    With that, he fell to the floor, and lay there unconscious.

2. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

An unstoppable torrent of visions and images ran through Will's head. A convenience store being raided; a bunch of children watching a murder; a car accident. Everything a direct repercussion of their failure. That echoed in his mind, once, twice, thrice and a million times. His mind yelled it at him "Our failure!". Indifference was easy, when he had nothing to do with millions dying of hunger, when hundreds of thousands died in wars, when thousands stood poor in the face of his once illegal fortune. But now, he-- no, they've been the direct cause of all these. And to think he took the mission light heartedly, flirting with pretty girls on the way to the station, suggesting they hit the club afterward. It all seemed so idiotic now. Maybe this was why he couldn't lead.

Besides him, Tim fell unconcious. Will didn't look at him, nor did he say anything. He wasn't prepared to deal with something of this magnitude.Will didn't want to scream. He didn't want to punch the wall. He didn't have any methods for dealing with anger, with frustration, with disdain. He could fake confindence or bravery, and maybe one day he would truly be confident or brave. But until then, he could do nothing but fake whatever his mates needed from him. Maybe the headmistress knew how much actual sentiments are faked, right here. But it wasn't the time or the place.

His mind wandered to the perpetrators... They needed to find them. Hurt them, like they hurt everyone else. Make them experience the hatred, the suffering they caused.

But not kill them. That was against the rules.

He got up, and helped an still unconscious Tim back into his chair. He sat back again, and with a stoic face he asked.

"What do we do now?"

3. zorell

zorell New Member

Llilith buried her face in her hands and sobbed silently..."This isn't happening, this ins't happening," she muttered to herself...She looked up slowly and realuzed it was reality. This had happened. Their mission failing had happened.

She stood up from where she had fallen to the floor and looked around, her light becoming a strong thrum of luminescence as she tried to figure it all out.

And then she heard Matilda's words.

Matilda

She stoood up from her chair and looked to Will, then gazed a Llilith, and finally rested her eyes on Tim, "We do what we set out to do, we protect society. I was not mincing my words, Justice really is on our shoulders. But we few, proud X-Men cannot do this alone. You lot are going to become teachers, we are going to teach these students how thier owers can help our city in this time of need. I'd like to welcome you to waht can now be called an X-Men task force. Our first mission is to train our officers."

4. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

William stood up, looking directly at Ms. Wyrmwood.

"And put them at risk?" The notion seemed insane at the time. "We can fix this. Just us...We are enough. We can make things right again. They're just humans... we can win. We are enough! Us. Just us. No one else should be involved." His voice came out more aggressive than he intended. He backed down the table, into a straight figure. "Just us." He said, softly, and sat back down.

He coughed, covering his mouth with his hands. A bit of blood came out. This was not the time. He had to last longer. He hoped no one noticed the blood.

5. zorell

zorell New Member

Llilith's eyes darted suddenly to Will, "What in the world are you talking about? Aren't we human?" Her every pore seemed to omit its own light, and they all seemed infuriated. "She is talking about us, the gifted, the ones with the abilities. Apparently, we can't do it." The voice seemed not her own, and even her facial expressions were contorted.

Maltilda took a deep breath and forced her way into the girl's mind, she was handling this all the wrong way. She navigated the pulses of the girl's mind until she found the one that kept her lit, and quickly snuffed her. Llilith crumpled to the ground silent and Matilda turned to Will. "Six of us aren't enough, we need an Army and we have one. I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't have to, you have to believe it. But, why would I not allow them to do waht I know they are going to go behind my back and do once they know? We have children in this school who can manipulate emotions, children that can suprress muscles, can alter the very atoms we are made of. They are the best biological weopns the Amred Forces will never have. I am not going to force anybody to do what they won't but I am also not going to tell them not to do what they should. We are human, we have a thing called a conscience, and now we have an obligation to them to protect them. It's no different from what we've been doing. Not all different."

6. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

William conceded Ms. Wyrmwood's point. But he just had a thought in the back of his head. Army? Biological weapons?

"You are the headmistress, Ms. Wyrmwood, so whatever you decide, I'll comply. My loyalty is with the institution, and those who run it." He said, trying to avoid confrontation. "But... using them as an army, as biological weapons is just what the other side plans to do with them if caught. What separates us from them, if we're willing to do what we should be protecting them from? Nevertheless, as I said, my loyalty remains here, regardless of your decision... But, this, whatever it is we are getting into, could be avoided if we acted carefully and intelligently. There must be somethingwe can do before this escalates out of control."

He'd said what he wanted to say, but Lilith's cry of 'Aren't we human?' raised another question for him. Were we?, he thought, part of the same race that is trying to exterminate us? No... No. That was the thinking that divided the mutants years ago, between us and the brotherhood, who claimed themselves to be "Homo Superior" instead of "Homo Sapiens". But they did have a point there. This thought ran rampant in Will's head, untile he realized he was in front of a telepath. Then he remembered what he said not moments ago. Telepaths were scary.

7. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

Tim came back from consciousness, and struggled to stand up, knowing his body was still weak from the fall. He made his words quick.
    "We are human... what makes us different from them... is how we use the abilities we were given... they want it for war and murder... we want it for justice and peace."
    He heard every word his friends had said within the seclusion of the shadow realm, his body in the chair, his mind within the shadows. Then Tim collapsed in the chair his strength gone, he needed to rest, but he couldn't not at the time, not at this hour, this place. He had to stand at his friend's sides he couldn't lose his strength at just the terrible visions that had just occured.
    "Ms. Wyrmwood," he said again struggling to stand, "when do we begin?"

8. zorell

zorell New Member

Matilda smiled despite herself, "We've already begun. What I need each of you to do is find ten students with similar or compatible skills to your own. Will that means finding manipulators. Tim, find shifters. Llilith, find pyros, levitators, what have you. Mellona and Q, you get where this is going. What I want you to do is train them and help them hone their skills. Then, when you think you think they are ready, instruct them to do the same. Yes, some of this training will be 'on the job,' because we don't have time to focus only on the the learning, but we can build up a force quickly. I, too, will be training some of the students. I know you all think I am heartless to be 'sacrificing' the lives of children, but I amnot sacrificing anything, I am teaching them to be strong and protect the very people that have cast them out. We are X-Men, we are mutants, we are humans. Together, the wrld is i our hands, but our eyes have to stay open to the world ahead,"

9. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

This was going to be an interesting week for Tim, however, today could wait he was exhausted, he normally wasn't, but there was something about today that made him so.
    "I'll get on it, as soon as I recover my strength,"
    he then disappeared into the shadows and went to sleep.

10. zorell

zorell New Member

SEE the DISCUSSION Thread

11. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

Time Advancement

"It's been two weeks. Two weeks after our failed attempt to prevent the bombings of the Winchester police departments. Two weeks or crime sprees. A week and a half since Winchester was put under strict curfew."

Matilda sits in the lounging room of Xavier's Institute for Gifted Youngsters. She sits on the largest sofa with a crowd of other students and some faculty. They are all gathered watching the big screen TV before them.

"This is terrible!" said a small female reporter in a blue dress. "The State Education Building has just blown up!"

The female reporter stands in a chaos ridden street before a large roman-architecture building where columns are broken in half and piles of rubble and glass lie at its steps. Several soldiers in brown uniforms stand in front the building carrying assault rifles.

"It was just roughly twenty minutes ago when suddenly this building blew into pieces. There was no caution or warning of this happening. The board was just about to have a conference when this combustion happened. Several ambulances have come and have carried out five living bodies at this moment and seven dead bodies."

"The military is making sure that no one walks onto the scene right now and there has been no evidence yet of what may have caused this explosion. We have one witness here who was sitting across the street in a diner when this happened and he would like to share his experience when this occured."

The reporter moves off to the side and walks up to a tall man with wild brown hair. She holds up her microphone to his mouth.

"Yeah like she said, I was sitting in the diner enjoying my lunch when suddenly I heard this loud booming sound. I looked across the street and found the building in shambles. I was pretty shocked by it."

"What's your opinion on this?" asks the reporter.
    "Well what I think that this is a sign."
    "A sign, can you elaborate?"
    The man grabs the microphone
    "Yeah,this is a sign that the mutant public out here is tired of all this bull**** that the humans are putting on us. The Winchester bombings were the first sign and now this is the second. Mutant Freedom!"

The reporter pulls the microphone away from the man and steps away from him.

"I'll keep you informed in this next hour news 12. This is Maya Elleby and good-bye."

The screen reverts into the inside of a news station. A man in a gray suit and red tie faces the camera.
    "That is tragic news Maya and I hope you'll be okay out there."

He grabs hold of a stack of papers in front of him and straightens them neatly.

"In another news report-" begins the anchorman and he trails off talking about car safety regulations.

If you are confused on how to reply you could simply just describe your character's reaction to this.

12. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

The students and faculty whisper among each other as they take in the news.

'Ding Dong'

The doorbell echoes around them. Matilda looks next to her at a frail boy with short brown hair.

"Could you get the door please?"

The boy rises from his seat and heads out the room. He makes his way to the front door and peers through the peephole. A large brown forehead obscures the lens. The boy turns away from the hole, unlocks the door, and opens it. Matilda still sits in the lounging room with the dozen of other students and faculty watching the television.

"Presidential candidate, Rob Doucher had announced yesterday at his press conference, that he is looking into taking serious care with the situation of mutant rights, if he becomes president," says the anchorman. "Here is the live footage from that statement"

The screen shifts to the image of a middle-aged man standing before a group of press in a neatly dressed black and white suit. The journalists are shouting numerous questions at him at once and he waves them down to signal for silence. He clears his throat.

"I brought you here today to announce some of the new laws and proposals that I would be considering if I take office" says Mr. Doucher. "It is with in my voice that I would like to declare, that if I should become president, that I would handle these matters with mutant rights-“

“Ms. Wyrmwood?”

Matilda turns around and finds the boy she sent to the door standing in the doorway.

“A guest is here for you.”

“I believe that all people in this would are justified to all rights, whether they be human or mutant.” Says

Mr. Doucher in the background.

A figure steps into the room. It is a black woman of 5’7” with long black braided hair and wearing a pair of black framed glasses. She wears a long black coat with a pair of matching pants and shoes. Matilda stares at the woman in disbelief, her eyes wide and her mouth agape.

“I believe that it is unconstitutional to deprive these people of the rights that was so written over three hundred years ago. I will-”

Suddenly Matilda jumps out of her seat and rushes into the woman’s arms. They hug each other tightly for minutes before letting go.

“My goodness, it’s really you Lavender, I haven’t seen you in ages!” says Matilda.

“Yeah it’s been about nine years,” Lavender responds.

“What are you doing here?”

“It’s a long story, I’m very tired, do you have a place, that I could lie down?”

“Sure. Donald?”

A tall boy covered in brown fur, walks up to Matilda.

“Can you show our guest here to one of our free rooms?” Matilda asks.

The boy nods his head and he walks down a hallway with Lavender behind him. Matilda looks back at the television.

“Make sure that all mutants will be granted every right in every part of this nation, because we are a land of peace and of freedom. I will not take anymore questions at this time."

Robert Doucher steps off the podium and walks down into the crowd. As he makes his way through, the journalists surround him harassing him with more questions. One of them bumps into him and for a second, a flash of yellow sparks from his eyes. Matilda watches curiously, pondering.

Later that day at around five in the afternoon, Matilda walks into a hospital room. Bouquets of roses and several other flowers sit on the shelves and counters. The room smells slightly of cinnamon and antibiotics. Matilda approaches an old lady lying on her bed with tubing up her nose.

“Oh, it’s you,” says the old lady looking at Matilda. “I suppose you came here, because you saw that speech with Robert Doucher?”

“How did you know?” Matilda replies.

“I figured as such, with the way things are now,”

“Did you see Doucher’s eyes glow-”
    “Yellow, yes I did.”
    She coughs violently.
    “Are you okay?” Matilda asks.
    “I’m fine. That was no trick of the camera, that was a member of The Brotherhood disguised at Doucher. That was Mystique and she was having trouble keeping shape at the moment and this brings about some troubling issues.

“So does that mean that the real Robert Doucher is dead?”

“I wouldn’t be surprised if he is. Doucher was strongly against mutant rights before this. My suspicions is that The Brotherhood is trying to accommodate rule in the white house and that would be the worst mistake ever to happen. The Brotherhood will probably give rights to all mutants, but they will trade it with the cost of human blood. We must not allow this to happen. You must find out where Senator Doucher lives and expose mystique there. You will have to come up with a way to prevent her from ever using that disguise again, because we cannot risqué The Brotherhood ruling the White House. I would like for you to come back to me again when you have come up with a plan, because I want to check for any flaws. Good-bye Matilda.”

Matilda turns around and walks out the door. When she arrives back at the institute she quickly gathers her X-men together at the basement conference room.

“All right, I have some news for you,” She begins.

13. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

The darkness gathered around one of the chairs and Tim was in the seat, one leg over the other at a 90 degree angle position. No expression could be discerned from his eyes or facial features.

"Ms. Wyrmwood, let's hear this."

14. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

"The situation in this country is a lot worse than it seems. The presidential election this year is at risk at having two unconfidential candidates. You may seem a bit confused so I'll explain it to you. We all know that both presidential candidates were strongly against mutant rights in the beginning and that Robert Doucher changed his view on the matter just recently. While it is great to have a candidate who feels strongly for our kind, it is not as it really seems."
    "That was not Robert Doucher who you saw on TV announcing those views. That was Mystique, a long time member of The Brotherhood. I was unsure at first if it was really true when I first saw the footage when Doucher's eyes turned yellow, but I was informed by Ms. Frost that that was definitely The Brotherhood leader Mystique. She has an ability that allows her to disguise herself as any human being, she can even mimic their voice. We believe that it's possible that the real Robert Doucher is dead and now with him gone we are running at risk for an agressive organization in charge in the White House. Voters will be coaxed into believing they are voting for a peaceful man who believes in peace for all when they are really voting for a woman who wishes to see this country burn to the ground. We have to do everything in our power to stop this from happening. I do not have a well thought out plan at the moment, but I am working on it arduously."

"I am going to accompany you on this mission when I am through planning it. Ms. Lavender will stay here and watch the students. I already told her that we might be leaving in a few days, so she's aware of what's going on and to you inform you all beforehand, her codename is Truth, so if we require to contact her for any reason, we refer to her as Truth. Are there any questions?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.