Tags:
  1. Unknown Deity

Unknown Deity New Member

Xbox 360 / Ps3 / Wii

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Unknown Deity, Sep 20, 2008.

Do you play onlinr gaming ? list what you play and dont be scared to send a friend request ;)

XBOX 360
    [​IMG]

Runescape (PC)

My Main
    [​IMG]

My Skiller - hes lvl 27 not 15
    [​IMG]

2. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

what about PC users? im sure there are some guys here that play on he PC as well. Although the bulk are console guys.

3. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

I'm a 360/PC man myself. I had an XBox Live account under the name Lord of Hats, but cancelled my subscription when my college said they don't allow game consoles access to their network making the money I was spending on it pointless.

4. Unknown Deity

Unknown Deity New Member

Sorry forgot pc :p

5. soujiroseta

okay if anyone plays Unreal Tournament 3 (jeez i forget let me look it up:p), Vegas 2 (Soujiro-san) or Crysis (Soujiro-san) look for me on the gamespy comrade too if you have it for PC- Soujiro-san.

6. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

I play UT3 :D

7. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

I hardly play online games, but I do play CS 1.6 if anyone wants to join me. :)

8. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

I play world of warcraft

lols

9. Raven

Raven Banned

I play games on my PC only I don't see the sense in consoles when a PC plays games just as good. I leave the consoles to the kids. Thiough thats PSP and Wii in hour house.

10. Kratos

Kratos New Member

I am a Nintendo fanboy, and I have a PC. But I really don't like online games, mainly just...because Nintendo doesn't have a great online system, and I can't afford WoW.

Although, if anyone has Mario Kart Wii and wants to race me, PM for my friendcode.

11. Endeavour

Endeavour New Member

I come to think that consoles are a complete rip-off now a days. What's going to be next? PS4, Xbox infinite dimensions, Super Wii?

It's a complete waste of money. I don't even think predecessor consoles (such as PS2) were left long enough in the market. I can already envisage the new release of consoles in 2 years time, purely to accommodate better graphics. That's what it is all about, simulating games as realistic as possible.

12. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

The ps2 is still producing games and didint it come out like 6 years ago now? which ion terms of console life is HUGE!

The console market is getting funny, i have a 360 (seems to be for more violent gamers i dont know), and LIVE is brillant, its the side thats keeping consoles going for me.

You can back a Wii, not a powerful console but a smart one.

13. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Microsoft should totally call the next XBox that. it'll be hilarious XD.

Anyway, the console market will stabilize as people begin taking the same position as you. I see consoles becoming more like DVD players in the future, where there's no real difference between them other than the brand name and the first party releases. Video Games are still relatively new technology, and it'll take time for them to find a permanent place in the tech market.

14. soujiroseta

I think eventually we'll have one station for everything, as in it'll be a console/tv/computer/phone/fax/everything. Media convergence is where its headed but for now, consoles seem to be running the show even though they are inferior to the consistently changing PC.

15. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Thats mostly because PC gaming is a lot pricier. To play the newest and most update games, you have to buy new processors and graphics cards and drivers ever two or three years and that can run upwards of $1000.

The consoles with their fixed format are cheaper the use and though PC's run better, they are more prone to glitches and system failures than a console. Consoles just have a supposed assurance that they will work when you want them too. PC's not so much.

16. soujiroseta

thats true but ive been playing good games for almost a year now and my computer cost just a little under $600. its nothing fancy but it get the job done. People make the mistake of thinking that you need a really high end pc to play today's games especially after Crysis up to the release of FarCry2 which will push gamers Pcs to the limit as well as the consoles. But i see your point and do recognize that a console is the cheaper more reliable option. I suggest it's just a matter of convenience...meh

17. Scarecrow28

Scarecrow28 New Member

I only play PC games, and only once in a while. I've got the original Call Of Duty and some cheapy Medal Of Honor one too, but thats about it.

18. Unknown Deity

Unknown Deity New Member

You have to update your computer a lot and be extra careful incase you get a virus, this takes time, responsibility and a lot of money. With consoles you just buy a new one when they are released (about every 5 years)

I enjoy playing some games on the pc but my computer cant handle decent online games, i only like playing real time strategies on the pc like age of empires, command and conquer and age of mythology.

Its all up to personal preference though, this generation consoles are basically like a pc lol, some can browse the internet and everything, its exciting to see how far technology has taken us from the days of pong and pacman haha

19. Kratos

Kratos New Member

There's just something about it that makes it easier playing a game with a controller than on the keyboard. Unless it's an RTS.

20. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

Try playing some deathmatch(FPS) on a PC than a console... keyboard, mouse kills a controller.

i agree though. Personal taste though. I just dont realy dig the whole PC thing, game wise.

21. Kratos

Kratos New Member

I mainly only get games on PC that I can't get on consoles. I have basically every Nintendo system, but I don't have any Xbox/360 or Playstation/2/3s.

22. Gamecat

Gamecat New Member

There's no way that a paddle can compete against a keyboard and mouse for speed and accuracy, I wish to god there was a game that allowed a console vs PC match as it'd put that argument to rest once and for all.

23. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Microsoft does. The PC Microsoft games like Gears of War and Halo connect to XBox Live and run on the same network as the console players.

However I think a skilled player can overcome the analog controller disadvantage fairly easily with practice. Mouse's are by far more accurate and easier to use but someone who's been playing Halo 2 on an Xbox for seven years shouldn't be at any disadvantage.

24. soujiroseta

true but pit him against a seven year pc gamer im sure he'll have a slight advantage in faster games like UT3, the slower paced GOW might not show any difference.

25. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

UT3 for sure. Fast paced shooters like that are so much harder with an analog control. Its not aiming so much as it is just general control and turning ability. I find movement is just so much more sluggish in the 360 version of UT3. Jumping and dodging is easier but spinning around to face someone who's just pulled a double jump over your head is a killer.