1. JadeX

JadeX Senior Member

Yet another "hello, i'm new" thread

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by JadeX, Jul 21, 2015.

Hey there! My name is Jade, and I'm a 19yo aspiring-aspiring writer from the US state of Ohio (AKA Cornland, the Kansas of the Midwest). I say I'm an "aspiring-aspiring" writer because I aspire to be an aspiring writer - in other words, I've never finished anything. And for that, I feel bad.

However, my current project is different - I began writing it at the end of my Senior year in HS, and let one of my teachers read it as I wrote. He got hooked on it. He loved the idea and couldn't wait to read the finished story, and so I promised him that I'd finish it and he'd get the first copy. As much as I've wanted to give up on it, several times, I've decided that I've given up too much in the past - this time, I'm going to do something. I'm going to finish this novel. And I'm going to live up to my promise.

But it's hard. So hard. And that's why I'm here. I need some people to bounce ideas off of and give feedback, and I've already annoyed my parents to hell's end about it, so one day I just decided to Google "writing forums" - "WritingForums.org?" I asked myself. "Why, that sounds like exactly what I'm looking for!"

So, yeah... hello, everyone. My main genres are sci-fi, drama, war, and post-apocalypse, and my current work-in-progress is a blend of all of the above with a dash of political thriller and alt history. Should be interesting... hopefully it goes well! I look forward to meeting some people and exchanging some ideas! c:

2. Song

Song Active Member

Welcome to the forum, and I think you are selling yourself short by only aspiring to be an aspiring writer. You already have your teacher interested and as an English as a Second Language teacher I can tell you that as time goes on you get harder to impress. So personally think you have already achieved your first goal of becoming an aspiring writer, it's time to try to reach for the stars and become a writer.

Welcome aboard.

3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome to it, Jade. :superyesh:

I see you've already leapt into the conversations - which is just as it should be - but just in case they were missed:

New Member Quick Start
    Forum Rules

Have the fun. :supercool:

Wrey

4. cutecat22

cutecat22 The Strange One Contributor

*waving hello*

5. Nicoel

Nicoel Senior Member

Ello Jade!
    I have family (and have lived) in the super-small town country-land of Kansas so I have a great idea of where you live, haha.

I think you're already an aspiring writer! So, boom, one goal accomplished!

Welcome to the forum. :D And hey, since you're already started up, you could start a progress journal to help you finish your project?

6. JadeX

JadeX Senior Member

Yup, already got it! Thanks!

Hmm, not familiar with this concept. What is it?

7. DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse Member

Welcome, I hope you finish this one and the next one too! :)