You are a writer, but are you anything else?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by M9A8E6S4TO, May 28, 2009.

1. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Same here. But I have lazy issues...

2. GonzoCeltic

GonzoCeltic New Member

An athlete. Playing basketball is my outlet. Being a 6'3", long-armed, broad-shouldered guy, I love having a balanced game. Going from the outside (bombing away trays) to the inside (grabbing rebounds). Not to mention there's not a better joy in the sport of basketball than setting up a pick for a teammate (a teammate has the ball, an opponent is guarding him. You step beside the opponent guarding your teammate, your teammate runs and dribbles the ball in the direction you are standing and runs past you, and the opponent is FLOORED!)

Otherwise, my talents are pretty limited I guess. My forte is writing, above all else.

3. Time Glitch

Time Glitch New Member

Well lets see...

I play Tuba, Saxophone, Guitar, and Bass (Both upright and electric)
    I can both edit and direct machinima (Used to, no time anymore)
    I am an avid fan of video games
    I can repair and build computers
    I've done voice acting work in the past

That's really about it that's worth mentioning. I'm just getting out of high school, so I hope I can add to this soon.

4. rory

rory Active Member

You lead an accomplished life, my friend. The only thing I could do well before graduating high school was hit the snooze button!

5. Hsnodgrass

Hsnodgrass New Member

I play guitar, make hip-hop, workout, play a ton of videogames, go to concerts, and drink excessively. Not the most productive hobbies in the world but I enjoy them.

6. Lavarian

Lavarian Contributor Contributor

On fan made things, I'd assume? I've done voice acting before as well, nothing professional or anything, but I do enjoy it.

7. Suomyno

Suomyno Member

I swim competitively (the main reason I don't have as much time as I'd like to write) and I play alto saxophone. Between that, writing and school I have no actual life.

8. starseed

starseed New Member

I've devoted my life to being a writer, but I am many things. I'm also a dancer (hip hop, bellydance, exotic), a chef, working on becoming a healer (both through energy work and food-I've battled health issues my whole life so I've spent years studying nutrition and herbalism and other forms of holistic health), an artist (went to school for graphic design and I also do landscapes in oil and acrylic), and more than anything, a child of God! I'm very spiritual, it's the hugest and most important part of my life. I've always been told that I'm an "old soul" or an "indigo child" that sort of thing. I don't really like labeling it, but ever since I was a child I felt very spiritual and contemplating the meaning of life and how to share the beauty of the world with others is important to me. Writing just happened to be the most enjoyable way I've found to do that. :)

9. M9A8E6S4TO

M9A8E6S4TO New Member

I took up singing.

10. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributor Contributor

Besides a writer, I guess I am a lot of things:

A Husband and a Father
    A Teacher (of English and Science)...among many other jobs I've had.
    A Christian
    A Reptile Enthusiast (turtles)
    An Eagle Scout
    A Good Friend and Neighbor
    A Reader
    A Gamer

Among many other things...

Terry

11. Lydia

Lydia Contributor Contributor

I eh... sing a little, work in the garden, make stuff with beads (bracelets, rings) and I talk a lot... :)
    Oh yes, I'm Christian, but I don't really see that as a hobby... ;-)

12. Agreen

Agreen Faceless Man Contributor

I'm trying to learn how to play bass.

I've trained judo and sambo in the past, when I have the chance I'd like to pick it up again.

13. M9A8E6S4TO

M9A8E6S4TO New Member

YOUR SIGNATURE.

Is that Dream Theater?

I love you.

14. Agreen

Agreen Faceless Man Contributor

It is, I love the Count of Tuscany. Sure the music is pretty good but the lyrics... you can't find stuff like them anywhere else. That might be a good thing.

15. fantasy girl

fantasy girl New Member

I am a musician and singer as well as a writer. I play the Clarinet and am about grade 3 standered (aparently~I've not actually done grades though) and I call myself a singer but the most publicity I have ever had is a solo in my year 6 school play infront of 200 people, but saying that I have 3 solos in the school play The Wiz next year so maby something will come of me...

16. ChaseRoberts

ChaseRoberts New Member

I play the violin, piano and guitar. I flirted with a music career when I was younger, but I was hanging out with far more talented folk than me, so got discouraged and wandered off (I see the folks I hung about with on MTV and stuff now, it makes me reminisce)

I also used to do acting a lot, but then I found that most parts that would be for people my age were also for people half my bodyweight who were blonde and looked the part more than acted the part. I've put acting on the back burner until I can reach the age when I can 'character act' as opposed to look pretty on the screen. But I've been in Taggart and things like that, great money for sitting around doing sod all.

I have a degree in History and Music, and consequently five years admin experience.

I love skiing, it's the only 'sport' I do.

And of course, I'm also a student nurse in my spare time (!). Seriously, I love what I do. And of course, there's nothing like encountering rotting flesh, squirting arterial blood and critical head wounds to help with the ol' writing. I love meeting the folks and hearing their stories (unless they've got dementia and they tell me the same story fifteen times in as many minutes, then it gets a little repetative).

One day, in the future, I'll be an all writing, all acting, all singing staff nurse. Actually, that thought kind of freaks me out!

No children, no man in my life (I have a penanche for the unattainable man, or the evil man, so have decided no man is a better approach). Plenty of time to myself.

Gutted I can't do paper mache gunblades. Seriously. I've got a big space on my wall where that'd look awesome.

17. Ragnar

Ragnar Member

I have a very complex personality, does that count? Actually I've been dabbling into the uh... world of internet marketing AKA trying to make money online lately. With some success. My hourly wage would be something like 0.50$ at the moment though. Lol.

I can sing very well according to everyone who has ever heard me, which according to what I've seen of american idol bodes not well at all z.z
    I can also play my bass guitar fairly well, I'm a decent cook, and I'm brilliant at using weird smilies where they do not belong.
    Some people tell me I'm funny, and one girl thinks I'm hilarious, but either she's flirting with me or she's crazy too ^^

18. Anders Backlund

Anders Backlund New Member

I sing like an angel... and I dance like the Devil! o_O

Well, not really; I just love the line. :p

In all seriousness, I'm a blacksmith. I mostly make swords and knives, that kind of stuff. I suppose you could call me an amateur cutler. I also have hand with working in wood, and I've been wanting to get into casting lately.

Other then that, I do sing a bit, but I have no schooling in it. I'd like to dance, but I rarely get the opportunity.