Your Current Project

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by pieceofmikey, Dec 19, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Saphry

Saphry Member

Finished writing a novel that I started early last year. It’s a mixture of fantasy and romance of about 116k. Editing and cutting down the number. Hope to get it published :)

2. Phenomellama

Phenomellama Member

I'm downloading it now because that sounds right up my alley, so to speak.
    Eventually my game will incorporate systems allowing players to plan and execute large-scale operations like that (terraforming maybe a bit of a far cry, but dome-city development is on the table). For now, I'm working on player-designed electronics and tools, supply chain management, and manufacturing.

Ooo able to give any specifics?

3. Saphry

Saphry Member

Hi Phenomellama! Sorry for late reply as I couldn't load the forum’s website yesterday. My story’s about a girl who died failing to stop someone she loves from suicide but wakes up in another world learning she has to save an entire nation from a greater darkness. The enemy is the fallen first creation who’s on a vengeful mission to weaken the Most High by destroying his source of strength-creations worshipping him-before ultimately confronting him. As the girl discovers her powers, she finds new love, new family and shockingly, the one she tried to save back in her old life. The confrontation is heartbreaking, causing a bad decision which leads to devastating consequences.

Enough about mine :) your rpg work sounds intriguing. I'm not familiar with the medium though. The rpgs I know are the kind from blizzard entertainment or the dnd board game which I played once a long time ago.

Phenomellama likes this.
  4. Phenomellama

Phenomellama Member

DANG it sounds like you've got a really fleshed-out world there, and lots going on. I like stories that focus a lot on character development (hence the fascination with RPGs) like that. I hope to be able to see it out in the wild soon! Ah and don't worry about time; you'll be seeing this way late too.

Hmmm...think in a computer RPG where you create your own character. You get together with some friends, make your characters, and basically build stories with a game master who controls everything else. Your characters also have stats and grow like in a video game, but a good RPer will also grow their character as a person, dictating how they interact with the game world.
    My game takes place about a hundred years from now. I've put together a timeline based on what is happening currently, and predictions of mankind's expansion into space. You play as a character involved in the colonization of Pluto. You could be a miner, some kind of corporate security, a scientist...think of a relevant job and your character can do it.
    Big themes are transhumanism, mental health, industry, and the importance of the individual to help everyone.

There's a lot. It's very difficult to put together a synopsis because of the density of the game and the fact that it doesn't have a set direction like a story has. I can't type up a cohesive story to save my life, so I give kudos to those who can. I've put together some fiction to set a tone for the world, but nothing beyond a couple of pages.

5. Saphry

Saphry Member

There’s a lot indeed! It’s interesting that you chose Pluto instead of Mars. It’s so far from Earth and Sun, and tiny. It’s going to be a challenge to colonise it. I’d like to be one of your beta testers/readers when you’re looking for one!

Phenomellama likes this.
  6. Phenomellama

Phenomellama Member

Yes. That would be awesome. Send me a PM and we'll go into it (also to not derail the thread anymore lol). If you need a beta reader or a sanity checker, let me know!

Mars will be within the next 10-15 years; I see Pluto being out about 100. Pluto is actually extremely important to humanity--it is the last stop on the way into the Kuiper Belt. The KB has thousands more planets floating around in it, and is what would be considered interstellar space. Also, everything between here and Pluto will have been looked at; we'll have colonies on many outer solar system moons.
    If you're interested, look into a thing called the New Horizons space probe.

Saphry likes this.
  7. Siena

Siena Senior Member

A zombies and aliens script. It’s a whole lotta fun!