1. Chudz

Chudz New Member

Your First Concert

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Chudz, Jul 31, 2010.

So, what was your first live concert?

Mine was back in the early 80s: I saw Ronnie James Dio and it was awesome. ;)

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I think we have had this thread, but......

My first concert was Depeche Mode at the Berlin Deutchlandhaller. 1989 I think.

3. Chudz

Chudz New Member

My apologies. I did a search on "first concert" and didn't see anything related on the first page, so I got lazy. :D

4. jacklondonsghost

jacklondonsghost New Member

:eek:

NOT FAIR. Not even close to fair. :(

Mine was Coldplay in Cleveland when I was about 13/14 ish. I have since developed a pretty different taste in music but it was a fantastic show from what I remember.

5. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Yeah. :rolleyes:

It was their Violator Tour. It was a pretty awesome show. The German kids were ALL ABOUT Depeche Mode at the time. Wall to wall.

6. jacklondonsghost

jacklondonsghost New Member

Ahhhh what I wouldn't give just to have been alive and old enough to go to those shows... My dad saw them in the eighties as well...

7. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

RIP to the legend as well.

Mine was Pantera / Guns N Roses double.

Double good because i forced me way in too. (It was at a speedway, so nothing hardcore).

8. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Mine was Genesis, way back in the mid 70s when they were still Genesis and not Phil Collins And Some Friends Of His.

9. Lavarian

Lavarian Contributor Contributor

My first concert was Disturbed. That was a while ago- not a huge fan anymore.

10. madhoca

madhoca Contributor Contributor

My first concert was The Rolling Stones in 1973.

I went with another girl. We were pupils at a very strict convent boarding school and we faked a letter from her elder sister inviting us to see her in London for the day. We got lost in the crowd coming out of the concert and missed the last train back to school. We hitched a lift, finally arriving at 2am. The next morning we had an interview with Sister Dorothy, but because we were the school swots and had never got into trouble before she fell for our story (missed train etc) and we weren't expelled.

As you can see, I remember the events around the concert better than the concert itself!

11. Chudz

Chudz New Member

So, did you buy the "over-priced-tee-shirts" to impress your friends?

I'll admit that I'm guilty of it.

Out of curiosity, how much are concert tee's going for these days?

12. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

mine was alan freed's famous kick-off r & b blast at st. nick's arena in january of 1955... the floor was heaving as if we were in an earthquake, 'cause nobody could stand still while that new sound was blasting them into a new age... i actually feared the wooden floor in that old building would collapse, was surprised it didn't!

13. Pludovick

Pludovick Member

The Spice Girls. Yeah, I'm cool.

Please don't hurt me

14. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

Britney Spears, 2002.

Or maybe it was 2001. It was her Oops! I Did It Again tour. Whenever that was.

I'm not ashamed. She didnt actually sing, but as I recall, I had a wonderful time.

I had just turned ten, and it was a joint-birthday present for my then-best friend and I. We spent weeks memorizing all of her songs (and parts of the dances in her music videos). We also spent a considerable amount of time making posters, but they wouldnt let us bring them into the arena. :p :( Bummer.

My musical tastes have broadened to enough so that I'm insanely jealous of the Depeche Mode Violator tour, Disturbed, Pantera, Guns n Roses, and even Coldplay... but I still love Britney to this day.

15. Xeno

Xeno Mad and Bitey Contributor

Classical Spectacular at the Royal Albert Hall.

Hey, I was 8, we got a box, and they had lasers! :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Besides, I'm pretty sure it was going to see this (twice) that made me love classical music.

16. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

I wasn't allowed to go to concerts when I was younger, so my first concert was actually called Phooson, and it was when I was 21, so...2007? It was a concert put on by a local radio station, and from what I can remember of who performed, there was Enrique Iglesias, Ne-Yo, Fabolous, Paula Deanda, the Jonas Brothers, and Kat Deluna. It was quite...eclectic. But really, I went more because I liked the djs than because of who was playing.

My first real concert was Metallica, I believe. Joel took me. I fell asleep toward the end because I had been at work all day and was so tired.

17. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

LOL. :D

Shortly after my Britney concert my dad took me to see Celine Dion live. I was still about ten years old. I fell asleep during that concert, and Dad pretended that she pulled people from the crowd to sing the Titanic song with her. He said she picked him, and, at age ten, I naively believed him.

Metallica is a different story though!

You must have been quiet tired to sleep through the sounds of rock! :D

18. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Haha yeah, I have to admit, I was a little proud of my ability to sleep anywhere (except in a bed, for some reason I can't sleep in beds...) after Joel woke me up. I was pretty exhausted. It was a good show, though. At least the part before I nodded off. ;)

19. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    My first concert was Status Quo, lol! Was good fun though. I went with a friend who was a big fan of them.

The first concert I chose to go to was Cradle Of Filth. Couldn't hear a word Dani was singing, but it was the coolest mosh-time ever, and we were right at the front of a very small stage. I was so into them at the time.

Also, the support band Hanzel Und Gretyl were so cool that we went to one of their gigs last year, which was a blast. They pulled us up on stage, hugged us, had pics with us, everything. How cool is that? I also got one of the drummer's sticks :p

I love love love gigs. I've been to Ramstein and Metallica too, but unfortunately couldn't get standing tickets. That's the problem with big bands. :(

20. arron89

arron89 Banned

Panic! at the Disco, one of the last concerts at the St James theatre before a fire forced it to close and no one could afford to reopen it...sad days...

I have better taste in music now, but I still remember that night as being super awesome...they covered Radiohead and the Smashing Pumpkins, it was amazing...

21. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Chicago, at Tanglewood, soon after their second album was released. It was somewhat disappointing. I wasn't at all close to the stage, and what they played was nearly note per note exactly what was on the album. Nice precision, but that's not what the concert experience is about.

Now the Grateful Dead at the Boston Garden, THAT was a concert!

22. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

Britpop also-rans Sleeper for me in '95 at the Manchester Apollo. Big crush on Ms Werner in those days. :)

23. Dante Dases

Dante Dases Contributor Contributor

I have to admit to having never been to any gig with more than a few hundred people. First gig was my best mate's band at a church fete when I was about 13/14. First proper gig in a venue and what have you was at the embarrassing age of 18 (again, mate's band - in fairness, he is an incredible guitarist). There can't have been more than 300 people there, but it was a good gig (in my limited experience, at least).

Not been to one for a while now - not since that mate again and the girl I was seeing at the time about a year ago.

24. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

It wasn't a concert persay, but a music festival called Soundwave. I went to see the Bloodhound Gang. Evil Jared vomited on Jimmy Pop, thrice. It was disgusting. I loved every moment of it.

25. LadyLazarus

LadyLazarus New Member

My first - and only - concert was The Flaming Lips at the BIC (Bournemouth International Centre).

I love the Flaming lips, but as I've got major sound sensitivity issues it wasn't so enjoyable. xD