Tags:
  1. paperbackwriter

paperbackwriter Banned Contributor

Your greatest fear

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by paperbackwriter, Nov 1, 2018.

Exposure!
    Definitely "exposure". the child behind the mask. the beast behind the human being. the pettiness I get caught up in. Plus some past events which certainly paint me in an unflattering light.
    Of course I would be afraid to be in a physical fight with almost anyone. Front line at war, no thanks. Risking my life is not something I am good at nor want to do. Sometimes I wonder how I would handle being tortured after capture. Badly to put it mildly.
    But possibly psychological torture is worse and exposure is that. Warts and all Paperbackwriter is not a pretty sight. What contributes to my current happiness is people not knowing what I'm really like. How weird is that!

2. 18-Till-I-Die

18-Till-I-Die Banned

My greatest fear or my phobia, because they're wildly different...one is a genuine fear of something that exists that I have and the other is a phobia I developed.

For the record, death is genuinely my greatest fear. And honestly not because I don't believe in an afterlife or God, but because I don't know what's waiting and I did and said some stuff in my past I feel a genuine fear I will have to pay for someday. My phobia...I'd rather not talk about since I don't want people mailing pictures of it to me but ever since an incident involving a medical procedure and my grandmother, rest her soul, from when I was a child I have had a crushing phobia which frankly makes what would be for normal people common medical procedures terrifying to me.

paperbackwriter likes this.
  3. paperbackwriter

paperbackwriter Banned Contributor

Someone famous said that "death is the root of all our anxieties." Do we fear the pain of our last days, hours and minutes? Yes I think so. But how many are afraid of what comes next? If there is nothing after death, just a numb void,no pain no joy, would people be afraid of that? Maybe not. In a Christian context, they fear judgement, so yes Christians are afraid of death, in that sense. Hence you hear the term "God-fearing".

4. 18-Till-I-Die

18-Till-I-Die Banned

Yes, I agree. Part of me even thinks some numb void is Hell, as I can't imagine some fire or whips being worse than oblivion. My phobia is less of a fear, as it is an irrational reaction I have to something but that judgement is what I genuinely fear.

paperbackwriter likes this.
  5. Alex R. Encomienda

Alex R. Encomienda Contributor Contributor

That's one thing about me..

I'm afraid of everything.

6. Necronox

Necronox Contributor Contributor

Mhmmm.... I honestly don't know anything I am actually afraid off at first thought. I mean, there a few things that scare me, but I don't know if I have a "greatest fear". If I was pushed and would have to pick something, I would say I am afraid of making a fool of myself. Or more accurately, I am afraid that I will regret making a fool of myself. I suppose that could be considered a fear. Not sure if it is my greatest tho.