Your overall experience on this website- helpful or not?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Artist369, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Sack-a-Doo!

Sack-a-Doo! Contributor Contributor

Yeah, I hear ya. I go through the list of New Posts looking for discussions to join in on. I'm going to have to start keeping an eye on which forum the discussion is in rather than just jumping in.

OP: Mostly positive because coming on here makes me feel like a writer among writers. Not this morning, though. Got into it with some guy in The Lounge and now I'm so not in the mood to write.

Gotta watch that. (Me, not you. You might have no trouble with that sort of thing.)

BruceA likes this.
  2. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

I love this place for social...ness and a sense of community. Smaller message boards have always worked better for me than the big ones where you're either a stranger or part of a clique.

It has helped my writing, definitely, but I've found that quite limited because there's a fairly homogeneous demographic here and it's not one I fit into. I'd critique a whole lot more and participate in more threads outside of The Lounge if the forum wasn't made up of like 90% fantasy writers.

When I want writing advice I PM the friends I've made or I go to another writing forum with a better spread of genres, ages and publishing experience. When I just want to have fun I come here. If I had to give one up I'd probably keep WF. :)

BruceA, Oscar Leigh and Sack-a-Doo! like this.