1. charder

charder New Member

Your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by charder, Aug 28, 2009.

I've been writing on and off over the past 10 years. Mostly freelancing for outdoor magazines. I was recently offered, and accepted, a position as a field editor for one of these outdoor magazines. That gig is going well, and I'm numerous articles ahead for deadlines. I'm quite happy with this arrangement, and will continue to write "how to" pieces, for I'm quite certain, years to come. However, along with these "how to" pieces, I've enjoyed writing short story humor pieces, way of the base of anything outdoor related. I was us wondering what avenues I might try in getting some of these pieces published, and to what magazines to target. These stories are simply about everyday life, injected with humor.
    I’ve spoke to the managing editor of the magazine I currently write for, but he thinks outside of editing, or polishing up any pieces, would be of little help in finding a home for them.

Your thoughts?

CJ

2. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

You can look for places to submit on duotrope.com. It's an extremely useful site that gives you a list of places to submit for various types of fiction and poetry.

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

yup!... duotrope it is... the best listing site you'll find...

4. FrankB

FrankB New Member

There are many thousands of markets for humour. Writer's Market covers a lot of the bases. I started out writing how-tos for outdoor mags as well, and then began selling humour pieces, some outdoor-related and some not.

Good luck and congrats on the steady gig.