Your Worst Injuries

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by AfterBroadway, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Taylee91

Taylee91 Carpe Diem Contributor

^Wow...I'd probably cry too. I've grown up with a few younger brothers and sisters and I have a new niece right now too.

2. Jayyy1014

Jayyy1014 Jerrica Contributor

^I haven't grown up with any siblings. I have a half brother but can't talk or see him, cause of his mom. Which sucks but is okay. But lil' kids are sooo adorable! :D

Talking about smashed fingers earlier, I'd have plenty of those. Along with stubbed toes and stepping on glass. not as fun as it seems. ;) Of course it wasn't intentional though. :/

3. VM80

VM80 Contributor Contributor

Nothing very major, touch wood. But feel free to be amused..

I fell, running, with my baby bottle, face-forward onto the ground. Now I don't recall this particular episode, but I have it on good authority from my parents that's what happened. Plus there's the scar on my chin to prove it.

Other good ones:

Falling off a couple of trees, once or twice spraining my hand. I was an expert tree climber, as a rule..

A boy (who might have fancied me, let's face it) giving me a very hard - and quite unexpected - shove, making me take a decent tumble down a climbing frame. Split my head open, but no concussion.

Geography school trip, c. 1997, tripping and falling a fair distance down the steps of a rockside. Damn Jurassic Coast... haven't been back since.

A recent one, walking up the stairs, hot cup of water in hand... resulting in quite deep burns to the inside of my right leg..

4. AfterBroadway

AfterBroadway New Member

Wait a second, I forgot about my most humorous injury.

This could get disgusting but I'm going to make it short...

I just got off the toilet, and as I was pulling my pants up I smashed my head on the towel rack and it went flying up in the air about three feet off the wall. I laughed at myself for a good ten minutes or so.

5. J.P.Clyde

J.P.Clyde Prince of Melancholy Contributor

Right, that's what happened. :)

I'll send you a VM for you to understand.

I briefly and barely remember as a kid swatting a fly that wasn't a fly, but a bee. And then I started getting hives and allergic reaction. And I here I thought I had mastered some kung fu moves catching it in the air.

6. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

I was almost killed when I was 15. I was surfing off the coast of Crete when I veered a heavily to one side and was sweeped by the waves onto a rock pool. I remember hearing my back cracking and echoing underwater as I was smacked against the rocks. I had to pull myself out of the rock pool, and I banged my head numerous times losing a lot of blood from jagged edges and I started losing consciousness.

7. Heather

Heather New Member

I've thankfully never broken any bones before or done anything too serious. My worst two injuries were
    -when I was about five I was running down the driveway with my dolly pushchair, and my uncle thought it would be funny to trip me up (yea, nice family :p) Well, I went flying over the handlebars of the pushchair and scraped off the skin from one side of my face, took weeks to heal over and didn't look very pretty.
    -The other one was about a year ago, when I was (stupidly) trying to run across the road to catch the bus. I tripped in the middle of the road and just managed to scramble out of the way of a car . . . . . Led to huge gashes/swollen kneecaps and I couldn't walk for about a week.

8. Jessica_312

Jessica_312 New Member

One time I re-opened the same scab three times. It wasn't anything serious, just about a quarter-sized gash I acquired from a roller-blading tumble. Bu then, I went bike-riding and fell on the same elbow, tearing the scab off again. Then, a day or two later, I was walking down to the basement and there was this nail sticking out of the wall that my father had neglected to fix - it somehow caught my scab as I was walking by and tore it off again. To this day, I have this white patch on my elbow with no feeling in it. All because of one scab that wouldn't stay put :p

9. AfterBroadway

AfterBroadway New Member

Yeah, rocks will do that.

10. Lica

Lica New Member

It's not really an injury, but the fact that I am missing one kidney is a pretty big thing, I guess. The biggest injury must be when I fell of my scooter and had the freshly paved road scrape half of my facial skin away... No, I wasn't wearing a helmet, so yeah, my own stupid fault, but hey; I was only 17. ;)

11. Pludovick

Pludovick Member

I broke my jaw in a school drama lesson. We had to pretend to be animals from the jungle... I was an elephant and I got attacked by two wildcats, who basically rugby-tackled me and I smashed my jaw on the ground. Still cringe at the memory today >.<