Tags:
  1. William Stone

William Stone New Member

Hello, world!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by William Stone, Jun 26, 2019.

I'm a fourteen year veteran of information technology and finally listening to my written comms teacher and get myself behind a keyboard for a different form of writing. I must say I'm enjoying how natural it feels to write.

My interests here are simple and humble at the moment. I'm trying to find my place as a writer and figure out what niche I can be best suited for. I have a deep love of science fiction, some urban fantasy, and a broad range of history and non-fiction. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here in the next few weeks, and please, excuse me if I ask any "dumb new guy" questions.

Happy to be here!

Will

Alan Aspie likes this.
  2. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hey there! Welcome to the forum. I'm one of the Moderators here, and dumb new guy questions are just what I'm here to help with, if I can! :)

I'm really excited to hear that you're trying out an entirely new form of writing. I know there are others here who have gone through similar experiences to yours. Leaving behind the expository style of writing and getting more emotional and intuitive isn't always as easy as it seems. However, once you hit your stride, it is SO worth it! If your teachers have been poking at you to get you to try creative writing, they must sense you've got the aptitude for it. Delighted you're giving it a go.

To kind of help the 'new guy,' can I refer you to this particular link ...at least to start with.
    New Member Quick Start

This should keep you right regarding fulfilling your requirements from being a New Member to being a full Member. There are a few things you need to do first. They're designed mostly to let us get to know you a bit, and to let you become familiar with how we work as a forum.

You might also want to check these other links.

This is self-explanatory: our Rules section
    Forum Rules

This is more interesting. While we call it our FAQ section, in fact it provides straightforward links to most areas of the forum. Feel free to browse, and participate wherever your interest is piqued.
    https://www.writingforums.org/faq/

And here is where you can find out a bit more about the Owner/Admin/Moderator staff ...although there are a couple of Moderators who still haven't filled out a bio.
    https://www.writingforums.org/faq/staff.68/

If you encounter any problems or have questions, feel free to click my owl avatar, 'start a conversation' with me, and I'll be glad to help.

Hope to see you around the threads. Have fun, and start to feel at home. You'll get a lot of support and hopefully make some good friends here.

Cheers, Jan