Tags:
  1. Gurmeet Mattu

Gurmeet Mattu New Member

Hi folks

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Gurmeet Mattu, Jul 25, 2019.

Forty years a writer, a Scotsman of Indian extraction, started off as a science fiction novelist and ended up as a comedy scriptwriter. Written comic books, novels, short stories, stage plays, radio plays, TV sit-coms and my screenplay, Disciple, even won an award. Never been one for Forums as writing is such a solitary thing, but what the hell, I'm getting too old to be shy.

Larro, Kyle Phoenix, Some Guy and 4 others like this.
  2. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hello Gurmeet! I'm one of the forum moderators (who has lived in Scotland/South Lanarkshire for the past 33 years), and I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forum. In fact, I'm rather MORE than pleased that you've joined. Somebody with your experience and range of skills will be very very welcome here. And congratulations on winning the Scottish Screen/DNA Films First Draft Award, for 'Disciple.'

I'm hoping you find congenial company here. Is there something in particular you were hoping to find, or were you just wanting to connect with people who are interested in writing? Our members have a huge range of interests related to writing. In fact, since joining the moderation team earlier this year, I've tripped over areas of the forum I'd never visited before. There is a lot going on under the surface here.

You might find it helpful to take a look at our New Member Start Guide, which is a good window on what the forum can offer. New Member Quick Start

Here are a few other links you also might find useful.

Forum Rules (General forum rules)

https://www.writingforums.org/faq/ (this isn't 'frequently asked questions' but is actually a site 'map' with easy links)

https://www.writingforums.org/threads/constructive-critiques.20627/ (a window on the kind of critiques we try to offer in the Workshop area of the forum, which is a very popular place here)

https://www.writingforums.org/faq/usergroups.114/ (this will tell you about our various levels of membership)

Please hop in and enjoy yourself. Take part in any discussions you fancy, and explore the forum. If you encounter any problems, please feel free to 'start a conversation' with me by clicking on my owl avatar and following the link. I'll do what I can to help.

Again, welcome to the forum! Hope to see you around the threads.

Cheers,

Jan

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  3. RobinLC

RobinLC Active Member

Welcome

4. Gurmeet Mattu

Gurmeet Mattu New Member

Thanks for your welcome. I'm here to help novice writers as much as I can as I have a training qualification as well as my writing experience, so feel free to ask for help if you need it.

Kyle Phoenix, RobinLC and Komposten like this.
  5. Alan Aspie

Alan Aspie Banned Contributor

Hi!

I hope you stay here. I promise I will be interested about all this:

6. exweedfarmer

exweedfarmer Banned Contributor

Thank you for sharing. You already are where we aspire to be so a little Direction the very welcome thing.

7. Kyle Phoenix

Kyle Phoenix Active Member

Welcome to the forums Gurmeet. I hope you enjoy your time here and you will find it useful. :)