Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theMontessorian

theMontessorian New Member

Hi! Nice to meet you. How do I...?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by theMontessorian, Jun 4, 2021.

I'm a Montessori teacher with many years of experience teaching creative writing. I've several publications to my name, all in the field of education.

During the year+ of Covid isolation, when I could not return to the classroom, I returned to my first career as a computer scientist. Together, with the help of some friends I met online, we developed our first video game (due out on Steam this summer). That's been a long-time dream of mine, so nice to check that off the list. In the game there is a newspaper for which I would like to crowd-source the creation of credited, fictional articles. The "Collaboration" thread seems like a good place to post my request for writing, but it tells me I have insufficient permissions.

How do I gain sufficient permissions to post in the collaboration thread? Does anyone have any other suggestions for where I may be able to match up with someone(s) who would be interested in exposure/resume-building/life-goal-completing for ~500 words?

Thank you!

2. Catriona Grace

Catriona Grace Mind the thorns Contributor Contest Winner 2022

No suggestions (I don't even understand most of the question) but welcome.

3. Joe_Hall

Joe_Hall I drink Scotch and I write things

If I understand you correctly, you are looking for writers to help you write fictional articles for your in-game newspaper. In return they would be getting exposure, a resume bullet, or completing a life goal. Submissions are 500 words or less. In any case, welcome to the forums!

Rules for most of the threads, including locked ones, are stickied at the top of each, but just in case you missed it, here is a link to the rules for the collaboration thread:
    https://www.writingforums.org/threads/using-the-collaboration-forum.164793/

4. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

It's about how long you've been a member and how many posts you've made, but I don't know the exact number requirements for the collaboration section. @Joe_Hall 's link will explain it.

5. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

The collaboration board requires 20 posts and 14 days membership plus having fulfilled the workshop requirements

However I would stress that it is for collaboration ie two or more writers collaborating on a project. It is not for 'crowdsourcing' articles... if you are basically asking writers to write articles for your site then that comes under advertising/business and isn't allowed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.