1. Machete Pen

Machete Pen New Member

How can I help my cousin to get published?

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by Machete Pen, Jun 6, 2011.

My cousin is fourteen, and she has written an awesome book (or at least I think so) that I think shuld get published.

We live in Canada.

Can someone tell me about some Canadian Publishing companies that you think might consider publishing a teenager? It's a fiction book (probably more for teenagers.).

2. katica

katica New Member

She should be looking for an agent, not a publisher, first of all. Publishers aren't going to read her stuff, but agents are there to be a go between for her and the publisher. Otherwise all her stuff is going to wind up on the unread slush pile.

And secondly, you can help her most by harshly critiquing her stories and making sure she does the best she can do.

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i'll be happy to do what i can to help... if she wants to send me a brief synopsis and the first chapter, i'll give her/you a hand writing a good query to send out to agents, which as noted above, is the usual starting point... i also have listings for canadian agents and publishers...

love and hugs, maia
    maia3maia@hotmail.com